Our aim is to ensure that all pupils:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future
At Cleeve we aim to ensure children take part in a range of engaging and practical activities in order to develop a firm understanding of all aspects of science.
Subject Specific Information
- Science will be taught during Science weeks throughout the year (one day within this week will be a full day). Each year group will focus on one area per week from their programme of study, including some elements of scientific enquiry.
- Science will be taught mainly as a class but some smaller inputs may be needed to particular groups.
- A long-term plan has been put together for each year group and each year group complete a medium term plan for each topic area.
- Science is assessed through the online FLIC assessment system.