Our aim is to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- be physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives.
At Cleeve we aim to encourage and promote a healthy lifestyle for all children. We aim to inspire children to explore a range of sports and activities. We encourage children to compete in competitions and to give 100% in all areas of sport.
Subject Specific Information
- PE is taught every week and can often link to the curriculum topics where appropriate e.g. through dance.
- The whole school long and medium term plans are followed by each year group.
- A range of lunch and after school clubs are being provided for all key stages such as Football and basketball.
- Competitions are regularly attended through Hull Active Schools, these range from dance, gymnastics, Olympics and football clubs open for most key stages. These competitions take place in various locations across the city.
- Specialist PE coaches have been employed to support teachers in the planning, delivery and assessment of PE in our school. This impact can be seen in the assessment of children over the year.
- We also have a gifted and talented register for PE. These children are encouraged to develop their skills further through after school clubs and out of school opportunities such as competitions.
- The school provides indoor PE kit for all children and parents are expected to provide suitable outdoor PE kit as needed. Earrings need to be removed or covered with tape for undertaking any PE lessons.
- PE is assessed through the online FLIC assessment system