Our aim is to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
At Cleeve we believe that art stimulates creativity, imagination and inventiveness. We believe that art gives our pupils the skills, concepts and knowledge necessary for them to express responses to ideas and experiences. It fires their imagination and provides them with an alternative medium through which they can express themselves.
“Art is not just a subject to learn, but an activity that you can practise with your hands, your eyes, your whole personality.” Quentin Blake
Subject Specific Information
- Year groups include Art and Design in their long term, short term and medium term plans.
- All year groups take part in an art competitions.
- Monitoring of the subject includes informal observations, data analysis and pupil interviews.
- Links with senior schools (where possible) give us opportunities to use specialist knowledge and skills to support teaching and learning.
- Art is assessed through the online FLIC assessment system.